Our next meeting will be held at Save the World Brewery February 22nd, 2023 @ 6:30PM Map to location
Mark your 2023 calendars for future meetings!
February 22nd, 2023
May 10th, 2023
August 9th, 2023
November 15th, 2023
A Little About The Group
We don’t technically exist. We are a non-entity. We have no directors, presidents, or treasurers. We have no bank account. We have no operating budget, because our members write their checks directly to the recipient charity. “We”, collectively, are just a group of guys getting together four times a year because we care about The Highland Lakes. Our core group of organizers are simply volunteers generously donating their time to try and make a difference.
The goal of the group is to support our local charities and raise awareness about the wonderful work they’re doing.
How it Works
- Representatives from the 3 charities will be asked to make an eight-minute presentation to the group about that charities initiative and why they are deserving of the group’s vote.
- After the presentations, a ballot is held and the charity with the most votes by simple majority will be the recipient of the group gift.
- During the ballot count, last session’s winning charity will give a brief presentation on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used.
- All members must then write out their check to the charity with the most votes – no exceptions.
- Multiple checks are great! The winning charity must get at least $100 from you as well.
Charity Selection Video